Author: Stella Otto
Size: 6 x 9. Trade paperback
Black & white line illustrations
Trouble shooting guide
Pub Date: April 1, 1995
Published by: OttoGraphics (Distributed by: Chelsea Green Publishing)
Suggested Interview Questions about The Backyard Berry Book
1. What kinds of berries are best for beginners who want to grow their own fruit?
2. What kind of soil do these berries need, and what can you do if your soil is less than optimal?
3. Where is the ideal location to grow Raspberries, Strawberries, Blueberries, Blackberries. What will grow best along a fence, next to a shed, in a garden bed, in a barrel or container?
4. Do berries need any special care such as pruning or fertilizing?
5. What are the most important tips you have for beginners who want to grow their own berries?
6. How many years old must each different berry bush or plant be in order to produce fruit?
7. I’d like to have some fruit this summer, which kinds produce fruit in the first year?
8. Can you buy older bushes and vines to speed up the process and get fruit sooner?
9. How long is the harvesting season for each kind of berry?
10. Can you propagate your own berry bushes to share with other gardeners or can you grow berries from seed to save money?
11. Where is the best place to get starter berry bushes or plants?
12. I’m really concerned about pesticides. Can I raise berries without using any chemicals?
13. I live in a condo, what berries can I raise in a container or really small garden?
14. What special tips does The Backyard Berry Book offer that you might not find in most books?
15. Where can I buy The Backyard Berry Book?
16. Anything else you would like to add?