Author: Stella Otto
Size: 6x9. Trade paperback
Black & white line art illustrations
Trouble shooting guide
Pub Date: January 18, 2016
Published by: Otto Graphics (Distributed by: Chelsea Green Publishing)
Interview Questions about The Backyard Orchardist
1. What are some of the best kinds of fruit trees to grow in your own yard? Are certain fruit trees easier to care for than others? What is best for beginners?
2. I don’t have a lot of space, can I still grow a fruit tree? How much yard space is needed for the different kinds of fruit trees you would recommend?
3. What kind of soil do fruit trees like best?
4. What kinds of care and maintenance are needed for different fruit trees?
5. How old must the fruit trees be before they begin producing?
6. How long is the harvesting season for home-grown tree fruit?
7. Can you grow your own fruit trees from seed? Where is the best place to buy a fruit tree for my garden?
8. I’ve heard, that you need more than one kind of fruit tree or the tree won’t produce? Is that true?
9. Do any fruit trees make good container plants and still produce fruit for those with a smaller yard?
10. How tall will fruit trees grow?
11. I would like to grow my fruit trees completely organically, but I’m finding it is harder to do than I expected. What can I do?
12. What are the benefits of growing your own fruit trees instead of buying fruit from the store?
13. How do you preserve fruit that you harvest?
14. What special features or tips does The Backyard Orchardist have that I might not find in other fruit growing books?
15. This is an update of the original edition of The Backyard Orchardist; what’s changed since you originality wrote the book? Have you added fruit and techniques that were not in the original edition?
16. Where can I get a copy of The Backyard Orchardist?
Contact Stella Otto for author interviews, writing assignments, or presentations.